Saturday, October 18, 2008

(rebel) download

Its been awhile since I 've been into the music vain. I just picked-up the new Lecrae album (rebel) on iTunes tonight, and boy am I impressed. I turned to my wife after listening to the second track "Don't Waste Your Life" and confessed to her "This is good!" I couldn't help myself. 

I first was exposed to Lecrae at a Mars Hill event in Seattle where they performed "Send Me", a track off of his previous album "After the Music Stops" where my wife launched herself out of the seat engaging in the call to respond! 

Before Christ, I listened to a lot of rap. 2Pac, Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang, Master P, Busta Rhymes. After I began to followed after Christ's call and was exposed to "christian" rap, I felt as if it was a little wanting. I appreciate what their doing at Reach Records, and I'm sure in other studios across the US, and world.

God be with them!

Can anybody say Led Zeppelin?



'Send Me' - Live at MHC | Ballard from Re:Sound on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment